Really, Mother Nature????
When Clarke called from work this evening, with anticipatory glee in his voice, I knew something was up. Or coming down (presumabley).
"Rumor has it, it's going to snow tonight, baby!"
I laughed politely (like you might when somebody tells a joke that isn't funny, but you courtesy laugh anyway). "Uh-huh. Right."
Logging on to the local news website confirmed Clarke's reason to crow and my reason to groan.
In theory, snowfall is lovely. Ethereal. Peaceful. Cozy.
In reality, however, snow just creates a cold and miserable mess!
Neverthless, seeing as I'm currently battling something akin to the seventh realm of misery (bronchitis, perhaps?), I'm going to STAY HOME and all the crazies who crave snow can have it on the roads tomorrow morning.
Ultimately, though, an early snow decimates all the beauty that is autumn-time.
So, before the white stuff starts to fall, here's one last tribute to the calm before the storm.
Literally.
Autumn.










