Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In Our Next House...

Conversations around here frequently begin, "In our next house..." as frustrations mount with the size, location, layout, and cosmetic features of our current home.
Wish-listing for the next house we choose began several years ago, when the growing pains started. Come next spring, we will celebrate our 8th anniversary in this house, 3 years longer than we anticipated living here when the house was built. What began as a simple starter home, is now feeling cramped and inadequate and while we are sincerely grateful to have a home, I think we're ready to move out and move up.

For the record, this is not an official announcement!!!
We've put an obscure date of next summer on the adventurous undertaking of selling our house and moving elsewhere in the valley. In that time, we are going to work hard to trim our debt so that we'll be in stellar shape as we approach the necessary people who can help make this happen. This time will also enable us to make improvements to our current home (like replacing all the carpet-->When it comes to carpet, people, you get what you pay for and it's been a difficult lesson full of permenant rootbeer and punch stains to prove it!) and ready it for selling, provided that the economy doesn't continue to nose-dive south.

So, each week, I'm going to focus one blog post on the "In Our Next House..." wish list. I'll throw out my ideas and maybe you have some suggestions of your own that you'd like to contribute. And because, I'm big on pictures, I'm going to include some of my favorite designs and layouts with you too. Some people like boats and snowmobiles, some go nuts over shoes and purses; me, I get my *high* on kitchen desgin and wall colors. I'm what you might call a HGTV junkie. So you can rest assured, when it comes to our "next house wish list," I have some big ideas!  


And because no post is complete without a picture...

Hello, coziness!
Doesn't this room make you want to curl up with a great novel and a cup of cocoa???
This is dreaming too big, I think...