As the first-time mom of a sunbeam, I was thrilled at the prospect of seeing my little towhead perform in his first ever primary program. It's kind of a rite of passage for parents in the LDS Church; to see your 3 or 4 year old earnestly belting out children's songs at the top of his or her tiny voice--melts the heart, right? So, as the time for the program approached, we worked with Brock on memorizing his one line until he would bounce around the house randomly repeating it throughout the day. It was precious!
Then it happened.
Fever. Chills. Cold. Cough.
And just like that, my hopes of seeing my sunbeam perform in his first primary program were ultimately crushed.
That was last year.
This year would be different, because, theoretically, lightening doesn't strike the same place twice.
As the sunbeam teacher in our ward this year, I was as anxious to see the little children in my class perform in the primary program as much as I was looking forward to Brock's first primary program experience. We invited the grandparents. We memorized Brock's line.
And then it happened.
Again.
Double Jeopardy!
Fever. Chills. Cold. Cough.
Only this time, the hapless victims in this scenario are Brock AND myself and on the day of the primary program. In fact, Brock's fever reached a whopping 103.8 last night and Clarke and I were very nearly headed to the ER with Brock in fear that he may have been seizing! If it had not been for the priesthood blessing given by daddy and papa, I have no doubt in my mind we would have ended up in the ER. Clearly, we're not talking some fleeting, weekend virus--but something that could potentially take several weeks to recover from.
So, in the spirit of true Thanksgiving
I am *thankful* for the following this week:
I am *thankful* for the following this week:
1. Days without Kleenex and nights without cough syrup (A girl can dream, rigth?).
2. My mom's homemade chicken noodle soup (thanks mom, you're the best!).
3. Priesthood blessings-without which, we would have spent a night in the ER.
4. Morning naps. Afternoon Naps. And bedtime.
5. Hot cocoa. Lots and lots of hot cocoa.
