Today's headline should read something like: Crazed Woman Still Pregnant.
Despite numerous attempts to help ignite some labor-ish activity, including, but not limited to walking, eating spicy food, walking, relying on the full moon = labor theory, walking, walking and more walking, and a whole slew of other methods that I'm not mentioning here, one truth has unfortunately prevailed:
nothing is working.
NOTHING. ZIP. ZIPPO. NADA.
And today marks the LONGEST I have ever been pregnant. EVER. EVER. EVER!
Thirty.Nine.Weeks.
39 agonizing weeks.
Okay, so 39 weeks is not overdue. I get it. I do.
And I am happy that Miss Rapunzel is taking her time
(after all, it gives Clarke and I more time to decide on her real name!),
but here's the problem (aside from the backaches and heartburn)...
Brock's birthday is on Tuesday.
As in THIS Tuesday.
December 13th.
And there is one thing he doesn't want on his birthday: a baby.
And I don't blame him one bit!
I really want my kids to have SEPARATE birthdays.
It's hard enough having a December birthday, but having to share it with a sibling would
be a double whammy for both my kiddos.
Of course, with my luck, or lack thereof, and clearly bad luck passed onto my kids, December 13th will find us in L&D. So cross all your crossables and say a little prayer for us that if Miss See does not make her appearance today (Sunday), she'll hold out until Wednesday or Thursday, at least.
All this waiting to deliver a baby is driving me batty!

