Bazillions of ideas permeated my blogger brain this week about what I could post that would dazzle everyone. Satan and dinnertime. "In Our Next House." A no-fail potato soup recipe. Endorphins. Sundays. Three car garages. Lingerie sugar cookies. I had posts typed up and then immediately deleted them, not because they weren't brilliant, they just didn't jive with me. Things are simply all over the place, upside down, and in the air this week; add a touch of the winter blues and you've got the perfect blend of the bloggity blahs.
So, in lieu of one of my celebrated and charming blog posts, I thought I'd just ramble on...
*We're in the midst of Lost: Season 2. By the time 8pm rolls around, we're ready to fight for the cozy couch in the family room and settle in for a few episodes of our favorite obsesssion.
*I hate scouts. Clarke loves scouts. And the battle continues...
*Brock learned the art of mixing his own chocolate milk this week. Now, he likes to make chocolate milk at least 3 times a day. And he mixes up enough chocolate milk to share with mom and dad.
*I had a dream that we looked at a house that had carpeted cabinets.
*REALITY CHECK: We probably won't be able to sell our house, in all it's miniature adorableness. Next week we meet with realtors to discuss the possibility, but we have no illusions about how miserable the market really is and the heart-wrenching possibility that we'll be STUCK in this tiny house and in this no-where town forever. My hopes are sorta crushed at the moment. I believe they call this premature pessimism "jumping the gun." Nevertheless, I informed Clarke that if we don't move, I will need hardwood floors and a trip to Disneyland as a consolation prize.
*Adoption: We have nothing official to report. But something happened today that might be a game changer. And that's all I'm going to say right now.
*This week I caught Brock watching PBS Kids through a pair of binoculars. "Mom, you gotta see this. The TV is HUNORMOUS!!!" (yes, that would be the marriage of huge + enormous). I guess our 92 inch screen just doesn't cut it anymore. Hmmm.
*On Monday I made french vanilla cupcakes, tinted them pink, and then applied a copious amount of pink, cherry flavored butter cream frosting and smothered them in sprinkles. Some days you just need a pink cupcake. Know what I mean?
*Clarke thinks I should wear lipstick. I think he should wear lipstick for a day and then ask me again. ;)
Lipstick-0 Char-1 Woot! Viva chapstick!!
*Brock still hops around like a kangaroo at karate. This is not normal. But it's kind of funny.
*We paid off a credit card this week! And we'll pay off another one next week!
*The groundhog missed his shadow. I won't lie, an early spring would be a heaven-send.
*If I go to bed now, I can get a full 8 hours of sleep. So g'night!