Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Honey-Do and Honey-Did

It's a curious thing to wake up and notice your computer desk, circa gloriously-cheap Walmart, is leaning rather inconspicuously to the right, as though it wished to lay down and take a morning nap. So, Brock and I made the executive decision to help the desk along and armed with Clarke's heavy hammer, I whacked away at the poor and dying, sorry excuse for a computer desk while Brock hid behind the couch, squealing as wood shards went sailing through the air. Then he looked at me with sparkling, hero worship in his dark blue eyes and for 20 minutes I was the epitome of maternal coolness.

The gaping hole in my living room that was once an ugly computer desk suddenly presented a little hiccup in my decorating scheme. The emergency solution came in the form of our card table. 
Unh! Talk about eye-sore! It's almost as embarrassing as our carpet.

So, I put on my sweetest, lip smacker smile, batted my mascara-clad eyelashes and showed Clarke this picture..


"I want. Honey do?"


And honey did!!!
Or, I should say, Honey-is-doing because even though Clarke is no where close to finishing, his sheer carpentry genius GUARANTEES that this project will be ***STUNNING.*** 
He's about the 1/4 finished with our computer armoire and it already looks fabulous. 
Naturally.

I wanted to wait until the project was completed so that I could crow about my husband's mad skills in the garage, but as I sit here typing on a shaky and crowded card table, I can't help but express my excitement about our newest piece of furniture. 

And when you're excited about something, you should blog about it. ;)