...slaughtering the English language since creation.

I remember once asking someone what LOL meant and it was humiliating when the person looked at me as though I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.
LOL=Laugh Out Loud
Clearly I was behind the times and my ignorance was not simply "retro" but "grandparently."
The advent of texting has taken the use of acronyms to a strange and disturbing level. Not only are they sometimes impossible to understand and blatantly silly, but when texting acronyms find their way into day-to-day conversation, its time to worry that we're raising generations of future adults who have no idea how to spell or use punctuation!!
Nevertheless, we must evolve with technology! Worrisome, though, that may be.
Which is why I am gleefully announcing that after years of paying per text, Clarke and I have finally signed on to a texting plan!!!
I know, I know, I know. Try to contain your excitement...
Consequently, instead of inwardly sighing every time our phones played that $.20 ring, signaling that someone loved us enough to send us a text, we can now happily send and receive texts, sans the guilt!
Go us! Finally, we can roll with the 21st century!!
LOL=Laugh Out Loud
Clearly I was behind the times and my ignorance was not simply "retro" but "grandparently."
The advent of texting has taken the use of acronyms to a strange and disturbing level. Not only are they sometimes impossible to understand and blatantly silly, but when texting acronyms find their way into day-to-day conversation, its time to worry that we're raising generations of future adults who have no idea how to spell or use punctuation!!
Nevertheless, we must evolve with technology! Worrisome, though, that may be.
Which is why I am gleefully announcing that after years of paying per text, Clarke and I have finally signed on to a texting plan!!!
I know, I know, I know. Try to contain your excitement...
Consequently, instead of inwardly sighing every time our phones played that $.20 ring, signaling that someone loved us enough to send us a text, we can now happily send and receive texts, sans the guilt!
Go us! Finally, we can roll with the 21st century!!