...ding, ding, ding, ding!
Can you guess what that is???
It's a piano, silly!
More specifically, its the piano we inherited from my parents this last weekend.
EEEEEeeeeEEEEeeee!
And, drumroll please....
...I'm going to take piano lessons!!!
Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I probably just startled you. Right?
I mean, really. Me? A musical instrument???
(stop laughing!)
The thought of cracking open a hymn book at church sends shivers down my spine as I've been told, in no unspecific terms, that I should not sing out loud. Ever. I probably shouldn't even sing in my mind, in the shower, or in the car because I can totally deceive myself into believing that I can carry a tune.
Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe what happens when I try to sing. Apparently.
However, I imagine myself to be something of a piano virtuoso akin to Chopin or Gershwin because chomping away on a keyboard doesn't not involve singing. Makes perfect sense, right?? Note that I used the word "imagine" because when I sat down at the piano this weekend I couldn't even remember how to play chopsticks.
Unh! Did I just admit that out loud????
So my goal is to be playing as well as Beethoven or Rachmaninoff by Christmas. In my imagination, that is. In reality, I'll be lucky to be able to hash out a lame version of "Jingle Bells."
But a girl can dream, right??
Can you guess what that is???
It's a piano, silly!
More specifically, its the piano we inherited from my parents this last weekend.
EEEEEeeeeEEEEeeee!
And, drumroll please....
...I'm going to take piano lessons!!!
Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I probably just startled you. Right?
I mean, really. Me? A musical instrument???
(stop laughing!)
The thought of cracking open a hymn book at church sends shivers down my spine as I've been told, in no unspecific terms, that I should not sing out loud. Ever. I probably shouldn't even sing in my mind, in the shower, or in the car because I can totally deceive myself into believing that I can carry a tune.
Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe what happens when I try to sing. Apparently.
However, I imagine myself to be something of a piano virtuoso akin to Chopin or Gershwin because chomping away on a keyboard doesn't not involve singing. Makes perfect sense, right?? Note that I used the word "imagine" because when I sat down at the piano this weekend I couldn't even remember how to play chopsticks.
Unh! Did I just admit that out loud????
So my goal is to be playing as well as Beethoven or Rachmaninoff by Christmas. In my imagination, that is. In reality, I'll be lucky to be able to hash out a lame version of "Jingle Bells."
But a girl can dream, right??