On New Year's Eve, it started snowing.
Like flies to honey, my boys found themselves outside in coats and hats and they began rolling snowballs. They rolled and rolled until there was no "snow" left in my front yard, save for one giant snowman.

And the snow continued to fall...
What was supposed to be a night out with family quickly became
a New Year's Eve party at our house as the roads
proved too miserably slick to venture out.
We ordered pizza. The kids watched movies. The adults played games.
But....
something curious always happens when you get a bunch of See boys together...
I can honestly say that I never would have imagined rolling a snowball so behemoth and cumbersome that it would require towing down the road with an SUV. However, when you combine an engineer, a carpenter, a mechanic, and a brother with a big, bad Suburban you've got the recipe for the most bizarre (and I concede, cool) way to spend a New Year's Eve: building the ultimate snowman!Brock scaling between the two snowmen:

The kids were awestruck with the gigantic snowman that the "dads" were building.
My DARLING nieces Anna, KayleeAnn, and Abby:
Some kids were smart enough to stay inside where it was warm and dry and cozy.These yahoos were smart enough to enjoy the snow while it was fresh!
KayleeAnn, Becca, Jake, Brock, Anna, & Abby:
Blowing the head off the snowman was, I'm proud to say, NOT my idea.
I could blame it on crazy men whose brains had frozen over in the cold and snow, but
I know these See boys well enough to say that this should have been expected...
I could blame it on crazy men whose brains had frozen over in the cold and snow, but
I know these See boys well enough to say that this should have been expected...

Expected, but, perhaps, not as anticlimactic.
Sparks! That's about all that happened, folks.
Happy New Year's sparks.





