With our days in the fertility department numbered, we are 99.999% sure that this will be our last baby. This means, we have a final score and testosterone will reign supreme at our house.
Baby #3 is a boy.
I have to confess that finding out the gender of this baby was significantly anticlimactic when compared with finding out that Brock was a boy and Camryn was a girl. Not less satisfying, just less exciting and I think it's because we already have one of each gender. Nevertheless, this baby boy will be as loved and adored (and let's be honest, photographed) as our other two kids and we are thrilled to be welcoming him into our family.
I have a second confession. Finding out that we're expecting another boy was bittersweet. Sweet to know that Brock would have that brother he's been waiting for and that Camryn would be sandwiched between two brothers (both of whom will undoubtedly be much BIGGER than she is) and she'll be protected no matter what. Bitter because it's our last baby and now there is zero chance of Camryn having a sister. It would have been equally bittersweet if this baby was a girl for the same reasons, in reverse.
My doctor also issued me my freedom card yesterday!!!
After 14 agonizing weeks on bed rest, I've been upgraded to "light duty."