What if I just sat down one cold November Saturday and started to blog again?
And anyone (if there IS anyone who even ventures to this blog after our 4-month dry spell) who reads this blog will already know that we built a gorgeous house this summer and made the big move into this amazing new home in September. And you would also know that during the building process, which took all summer, Clarke and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary, Clarke celebrated his 35th birthday, Brock started optimus football and 2nd grade and Camryn had transitioned to a toddler bed. You would know that this past July landed us with a very unexpected, although not unwelcome, pregnancy. And because you know me and my l-o-n-g history of pregnancy, you'd understand that this was an shocking plot change for us. You would already be aware that my doctor put me on strict bed rest when I was only 6 weeks along and that one week after we moved into our new house, I went in for cerclage surgery--you know to keep the baby in--and that we are currently on week 13 of bed rest. You would also be aware that we have the BEST family and friends ever, and I sincerely mean it. We've asked for and accepted so much help, particularly with Camryn, these past three months and it was a heaven-send. You would also be aware that Clarke is nearing saint-hood as he works full time, coaches football, grocery shops, cooks, does the laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing toilets. He is the best husband and daddy ever! And since you already know all thats been going on with us, I wouldn't need to reiterate or revisit any of those life-changing events for our family in this particular post.
So, I'll just tell you about Halloween and gush over how cute my kids were.
First of all, I had this vision that my kids would go as little red riding hood and the big bad wolf this year. It was (Pinterest) perfect! Cami would be darling in a red tutu and red velvet cape and Brock would be menacing as a werewolf. In my mind, it was a no-fail plan. Except for one little thing. My kids had other ideas.
For example, Brock wanted to be a camo ninja--per a costume that we saw on a Halloween website. The nylon costume that would fit my big boy for about 6 hours this year cost a whopping $60!! Um, no. So, we pieced together a home-made camo ninja costume with pieces that he would wear on a regular basis. Kudos to Clarke for doing all the leg work and shopping for this costume!
And my Camryn is obsessed with cats. We can't explain this phenomenon, as we're "dog people." She can't say the word "cat" or "kitten," she calls a cat "a meow." So, this year, Cami went as a meow, minus the ears, tail and whiskers which she refused to wear. Have I ever mentioned that Camryn is full-on diva?
As per tradition, we trick-or-treated in my mom's neighborhood with Jamin, Travis and Libby. And, as per tradition, we tried to get an adorable group shot. I've come to the conclusion that group shots of this particular crowd are simply overrated.
But on their own, these cousin spooks are rather cute!
As this was Cami's first year to trick-or-treat, we had to practice at Nanay's door.
And my crowning shot of the evening happened in one of the few moments of sunlight that we were blessed with this rainy Halloween…









