Monday, January 9, 2012

Camryn's Song

Three years ago, thereabouts, I typed up this quick little post about songs that remind me of my children. Brock's song is 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Amelia's song is 'Clair De Lune' by Debussy. Several weeks before Camryn was born, I began contemplating what song I might choose for her. One unwelcome title kept nagging at my brain, much like a sink full of dirty dishes or a pile of laundry waiting to be folded. It's not that the song isn't fantastic; it's the kind of song with a contagious groove that you want playing on the radio when you're conquering household chores or an excuse to dance around the kitchen while you make dinner.

The problem is that it's so cliche and probably the most "daughter-ish" song out there,
next to 'Butterfly Kisses.'
But, I followed my gut and purchased this song through iTunes.
Turns out, I kind of love it now...


And here are the first two verses:

Isn't she lovely  

Isn't she wonderful 

Isn't she precious 

Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she 
But isn't she lovely made from love 

Isn't she pretty 

Truly the angel's best 

Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed 

I can't believe what God has done 

through us he's given life to one 

But isn't she lovely made from love