Brock was watching a cartoon on Netflix and I was busying myself in the kitchen. It was Thursday evening and outside the wind had picked up and ushered in a bevy of charcoal colored clouds. We were in for an exciting storm! Brock was semi-engrossed in the cartoon playing on the screen before him, however. I noticed that he continued to glance, worriedly, out the windows at the ensuing chaos that Mother Nature was unleashing on our backyard. Then he slid off the computer stool, and with a sly and challenging glance said, "I'll be right back, mom." He slowly walked towards his bedroom, all the time watching me, as though he was up to something menacing. And I knew something was up.
Minutes later, he bounded happily back into the room and took up his seat before the computer. Smiling.
"What did you do?" I asked, nonchalantly.
Still grinning, Brock replied, "I just said a prayer that Heavenly Father would protect us from the storm."
Then, turning around, he continued to watch his cartoon without a care in the world.
I'm so in love with that kid! He does his momma proud.