To say that Brock was bred to play football, would be an overstatement.
To say that we harbored fantasies that our son would be a natural football star would be an understatement
After all, Brock was named for a football player (Brock Forsey)
Brock's third word was "dadu," which is babyspeak for football.
And his daddy was a football player.
Not long after he blew out the five candles on his birthday cake, I had him signed up to play spring football. Pee wee football, which is a silly name to describe flag football for the little kiddies.
On Monday night, we found out that he would be playing for the Bears this year and his coach was our family dentist! Truthfully, I had thought of brushing and flossing before dashing off to practice tonight, just in case.
Squealing with unbridled enthusiasm, Brock bounded out of the car when we arrived at the practice fields and his excitement didn't let up until long after I tucked him into bed two hours later.
"I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!" He chanted all the way home from practice, where he was the only player on the team to throw the football with any distance and precision.
He's a natural!
He smiled and laughed the entire practice with such joy that anyone could tell how sincerely he loved playing!
Freezing from a wind chill and a rainy practice, Brock and I hurried home and made hot cocoa with marshmallows while Brock talked excitedly about the awesomeness of football.
His first game will be on March 12th!!!






