
Today I woke up a thirty-something.
My favoritest boys on the planet helped keep yesterday's tragedy of yet another birthday a quiet affair without the fanfare that ordinarily accompanies birthday celebrations. Whew!
First of all, Clarke took the day off to hang out with us, buy us donuts for breakfast (oink says the birthday girl!), and then he arranged for a babysitter so that we could go immerse ourselves in 3-hours of 3D sci-fi. We saw 'Avatar.' It was phenomenal!!!
You should have seen Clarke in his 3D glasses. Brrrarrrrr!
We ate too much popcorn and drank too much Coke ; and then we attempted to walk off our miserable gluttony as we shopped, browsing for furniture that we cannot afford and do not need; but isn't that the best kind of shopping??
Dinner was at The Cheesecake Factory as I didn't want to cook or do dishes on my birthday and apparently, neither did Clarke. :) Luckily, my mom gave us a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory, so we were set. (THANKS MOM!!!!) We ended up walking the mall afterward; yup, ate too much again. Seriously, you would think we would have learned our lesson by now.
At home, Clarke lit 30-something candles on an ice cream cake and he and Brock sang Happy Birthday to me. In truth, I hate being sung too, especially on my birthday! BUT, I'll always make a teeny tiny exception for my boys. The ice cream was Oreo; which is a simple way of saying that it was sinfully amazing. Naturally.
To top off my day, I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 p.m.
That's a sign of old age, isn't it???
(((shudders)))
********
A post simply would not be complete without a pic of my handsomes.
Eat your heart out, girls!
