Would this sweet face lie?

It wasn't me!
I don't know how that happened.
The dogs did it.
The gate just blowed open by itself.
I don't know where that candy came from.
*shrugs*
I didn't pee in the tub, must have been daddy.
What gum? (with a mouth full of gum)
It's a mystery, mom.
*smiles*
Max did it.
Meli did it.
Jake did it.
Jamin did it.
*vigorously shakes head*
Not me!
I didn't do it!
*runs away and hides under his bed*
What happened to my innocent little boy????
The age of four has thrown us several curve balls, including SCREAMING fits befitting a spoiled prince, auditory issues ("Huh?" "What?" Huh?") when being spoken to by mom or dad-funny, he seems to hear everyone else just fine, and, of course, LYING.
Seriously, my kid lies now.
Who made this mess, Brock?
Shrugs. "I don't know, mommy."
Did you steal some gum?
Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.
Blank stare.
"No."
Who opened that gate and let the dogs out?
"The wind."
*smiles innocently*
Who peed in your tub?
"Huh?"
Did you pee in your tub?
(crickets...)
"Daddy did it."
I know, I know, I know. Kids lie.
But what do you do about it???
We've sat down and talked to him about the difference between telling the truth and telling a lie. When asked if he understands, he looks up at us with those baby blues and says, sweetly:
"Who is your favoritest person in Star Wars, mommy?"
Clearly, we're not getting through to him.
So, the question I'm throwing out into the void today is:
What do we do now?

It wasn't me!
I don't know how that happened.
The dogs did it.
The gate just blowed open by itself.
I don't know where that candy came from.
*shrugs*
I didn't pee in the tub, must have been daddy.
What gum? (with a mouth full of gum)
It's a mystery, mom.
*smiles*
Max did it.
Meli did it.
Jake did it.
Jamin did it.
*vigorously shakes head*
Not me!
I didn't do it!
*runs away and hides under his bed*
What happened to my innocent little boy????
The age of four has thrown us several curve balls, including SCREAMING fits befitting a spoiled prince, auditory issues ("Huh?" "What?" Huh?") when being spoken to by mom or dad-funny, he seems to hear everyone else just fine, and, of course, LYING.
Seriously, my kid lies now.
Who made this mess, Brock?
Shrugs. "I don't know, mommy."
Did you steal some gum?
Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.
Blank stare.
"No."
Who opened that gate and let the dogs out?
"The wind."
*smiles innocently*
Who peed in your tub?
"Huh?"
Did you pee in your tub?
(crickets...)
"Daddy did it."
I know, I know, I know. Kids lie.
But what do you do about it???
We've sat down and talked to him about the difference between telling the truth and telling a lie. When asked if he understands, he looks up at us with those baby blues and says, sweetly:
"Who is your favoritest person in Star Wars, mommy?"
Clearly, we're not getting through to him.
So, the question I'm throwing out into the void today is:
What do we do now?