



For MONTHS, the hearts of millions and millions of teenage girls, and their mothers alike, were beating wildly at the thought of November 20th as it signaled the release of Twilight: New Moon.
I'm not a card-carrying, heart-palpitating, t-shirt-wearing, I-dream-of-Edward, member of the Twilight craze. Admittedly, I enjoyed the books. But I only read them once. I know....*gasp!*
Oh, and I saw the first movie.
It was passively enjoyable, if you discount much of the acting.
Keeping the company of other "moms" who indulged in Twilight was the clincher.
Of the four books in the Twilight series, reading New Moon was, I'm sorry Twilight-a-holics, agonizing. It was a whiny 300+ pages of dismal heartbreak and hopelessness, until the last couple of chapters. Understandably, it was with hesitation that I considered the second movie with only a fraction of the anticipation of MANY other women I know, but will not mention names. You know who you are.
And what did I get for my hesitation? Satisfaction, that's what!
The movie was FANTASTIC!!! It squashed the book (and how often do you hear that?)! With a new director, bigger budget, acting lessons, and some hard bodies (yeah, so I'm a girl. I kinda like that in a guy), the least favorite book of the series has turned into the better of the two Twilight movies....so far. As an added bonus, it followed the book fairly closely. The next movie in the series, Twilight: Eclipse, is due for release next June. Its safe to say that I'm looking forward to that one!