Friday, June 19, 2009

Whole Hog

I never do things halfway
...except, perhaps, housework.
My hair is certainly no exception.


I was blonde as a baby. Blonde as kid. Awkwardly blonde as an awkward teenager. And blonde as a bride. However, as the years accumulate, its becoming increasingly more difficult to keep up the blonde. That's right, folks. I'm a bottle blonde and have been turning to the "bottle" since I was a teenager.

Keeping up the towhead has been an expensive battle of late as my inner brunette was fighting to escape her blonde prison and it was with reluctance that I made yet another salon appt to remedy the curse of dark roots. With economy in mind, I chose to take a chance on a beauty school instead of the old safe and spendy salon.*gulp*
I went to the Scot Lewis Beauty School on Vinnel Way in Boise.

Instead of just asking for something small and minimal off their menu to test the talents of the student (her name was Amy. Night student. :Insert shameless recommendation here:), I went whole hog and chose one of everything. I'm conservative in many things, but when it comes to my hair, I'm a bit cavalier, throw-caution-to-the-wind, devil-may-care, impulsive. Hair always grows back, after all.

Best of all...

At only 1/3 of the price of a normal salon, I got a color, foil highlights, a cut, and bangs!

Only $40. That's it. $40


So I walked in as a blonde...



...and I walked out as a brunette.


Isn't life grand?