
With a family history of truly hideous teeth, I was destined to have the worst teeth on the planet. Copious amounts of brushing and flossing couldn't chase away my fate. I was doomed.
Four years of braces, two extractions, two root canals, two crowns, and about 251billion fillings later finds me in EXCRUCIATING pain and relying on prescription Motrin, every 8 hours, on the dot!
I even googled home remedies and was insane enough to take a few for a spin.
*Vanilla Extract. The directions were to rub it on your gums around the infected tooth.
*Ground Cloves. The directions wer to rub it on your gums around the infected tooth.
*Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Swish around your infected tooth for two minutes and *voila?*
Nothing worked, but I must say the Diet Coke was so good, I had another one...just to make sure I had the swishing technique down to a science.
In the meantime, fantasies of do-it-yourself exctractions, thanks to 'Castaway' and the ice skate & coconut scene (yes, you know which one I'm talking about) will have to suffice. *cringes* At least until my dentist appointment.
Update: The dentist sent me to see an endodontist (specialist) when yesterday's x-ray indicated that there was a serious problem with the tooth in question. Turns out, the dentist who had originally performed the root canal may have left one of his instruments in one of the canals, knowingly or not, and then crowned it. Now its horribly infected (how do you get an infection under a crown anyway???) and I had to have a retracted root canal yesterday--two hours of unbelievable pain. We won't know for a month if it worked or not.
Seriously, haven't I been through ENOUGH this year already??? Geez!
Thankfully, there is Vicodin to get me through the next few days.