Every night I dream about zombies.
Let me preface this post with a confession: I don't watch horror movies.
EVER! EVER! EVER!
The last seemingly scary movie I watched was 'The Others,' a tame movie about ghosts.
And I had nightmares for weeks afterward.
You see, I have this overactive imagination and give me a creak in the floor in the middle of the night and I will turn it into a serial killer stalking our hallway and only moments away from murdering us in our beds.
Therefore, if Clarke wants to watch something gruesome, he's on his own!
About a year ago, I started noticing references to the zombie apocalypse scattered intermittently on Facebook and *gasp* Pinterest.
Clueless and disinterested, I ignored them.
Then, friends and family started jabbering about a show called, 'The Walking Dead,' on AMC.
They RAVED about it.
Curious about all the hype, Clarke and I decided to watch the very first episode on Netflix.
You wanna know what happened next?
We were hooked.
On a show about a zombie apocalypse, for crying out loud!
ZOMBIES!!!!
In the past week, we've stayed up way too late watching episode after episode of the first two seasons.
Gory. Bloody. Intense. Terrifying.
And freakishly fascinating.
The Walking Dead is actually a really good show.
It's engaging and addictive.
And yes, it's about zombies.
So as my overactive imagination and I are rocking Camryn to sleep at 1:37 am, you can bet I'm staring down the door to her room and praying that there isn't a "walker" on the other side.
And that is why I dream about zombies. Every night.


