Last Thursday took FOREVER to arrive.
Why?
Because I was harboring the uncontainable excitement of a 5-year old on Christmas Eve.
My mom and I had tickets to see 'Wicked.'
Eeeeee!
We were sitting with 'Wicked' veterans: Kevin, Carisa & Annette. Not only had they already seen the show, but the knew all the words to the music. Whereas, I have to admit that I had never in my life heard the music and was intrigued by the show's hype instead.
The show was AMAZING!!!!
It's based on the book 'Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West' by Gregory Maguire.
Who wouldn't be interested in the prequel to 'The Wizard of Oz?'
When I worked at the library, I saw this book come and go hundreds of times before I finally snatched it off the shelf and gave it a read. It took FOUR attempts to get through the story, which was horribly written and dark and boring. In short, the book is agonizingly awful. Don't read it.
Instead, go see the show!! It's an admission price you won't ever regret!
And then, you come home and purchase the soundtrack through iTunes and make your family listen to it over and over again until everyone can sing along to every song!


