Our latest endeavor is due December 20th.
We're making this announcement 7 weeks prematurely as our original plan was to ambush family and friends with the news on July 4th, but circumstances have gone topsy turvy, as they usually do with a one of our pregnancies.
The good news is that our little gummy bear is perfectly healthy and has a very strong heartbeat. Morning sickness has been blessedly brutal, which is extremely reassuring.
The topsy turvy part is when my doctor prescribed bedrest ysesterday to keep me from miscarrying. I'm supposed to stay in bed for the next 4 weeks until I can go in for surgery next month to stitch me shut and keep the baby "in." If you recall, I had a problem with that when Amelia was born. The hospital won't allow the surgery until I'm 14 weeks pregnant, so that's that.
The reality is that nothing is guaranteed and even with all my restrictions and limitations, I could still miscarry. My doctor commented that if I carry this baby to term (36 weeks), it would be the delivery of the year. And who doesn't want to be the delivery of the year???
A HUGE thank you to family and friends who are keeping us in their prayers, helping out with Brock, my sainted husband who now has to do EVERYTHING around here from gardening, cooking, cleaning, laundry and parenting and to everyone will help us out these next four weeks.