Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat!

A few months ago, Brock was watching a movie on *gasp* commercial television.
Suddenly, he shouts, "Mommmmmeeeeeee! Mommmeeeeeee! Mommmeeeeeeee!"
I immediately scrambled for the family room to see if he was okay.
Sitting on the couch, with a knowing smile and a nod of his head, he enthusiastically exclaimed,"Mom, YOU can have more money in YOUR pocket!"
And that was it.
The sudden DEATH of commercial TV at our house!

Clarke and I adopted a DVR lifestyle years ago and never watched commercials, but I suppose we never gave much thought to whether or not Brock was being inundated with advertisements as he watched his morning cartoons. Since most tv shows for kids nowadays are about 90% crap anyway, we were anything but sad to say sayonara to such childhood staples as the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

Instead, we introduced Brock to Loony Tunes.
The best cartoons EVER!
Years ago, we had gotten the Loony Tunes collection on dvd and now Brock asks to watch them EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! We've since added Charlie Brown to the mix and Brock is in retro-cartoon heaven.
Why don't they make cartoons like they used to????