Friday, July 23, 2010

Charm Your Socks Off!

So the other day I was at the gym, beating up my body on the treadmill and feeling rather proud of my 2 laps when a cute, little, old woman jumped on the the treadmill next to mine. I smiled and thought "good for her" as I saw her push the start button.

But then she started running and her cuteness sort of faded because this lady wasn't struggling through a feeble jog, she was FULL OUT RUNNING and making me look ridiculous as I huffed and puffed my way through lap 3 at a brisk walk. Feeling mortifyied and thoroughly trumped by an old lady, I hopped off the treadmill and slinked off to the eliptical in the corner to drown in my humiliation.

Let's face it, that little, old lady was AMAZING!!!!

Don't you think old people are adorable???

From their wrinkley smiles to their velcro shoes, old people are sooooo cute and clearly full of surprises!

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and it's DELIGHTFUL and will charm your socks off!


Preface: An elderly couple walked into the Mayo Clinic for a checkup and spotted a beautiful, but lonely piano in the corner of the lobby. The couple decided to dazzle the crowd with an impromptu performance. They had been married for 62 years and the husband was looking at 90 candles on his birthday cake that year. In spite of their wrinkles, this couple truly embodies what it means to be young at heart.