
Twilight. The shiny black cover. The apple. The vampire. The love story.
Its not just spellbinding. Twilight is a mysterious phenomenon that has engulfed much of the female population (and even some of the male population-rumor has it) in this country--targeting not only swoony teenage girls, but women of all ages.
Especially married women.
Even moms.
So, if you haven't read the book, you should.
If you have read it and didn't like it, obviously you didn't get it. Read it again.
I was first introduced to Twilight last summer when a group of my friends started obsessing about the books by Stephanie Meyer. Obsessing. Romancing. Consumed by thoughts of teenage vampire love. These are married women. Moms.
Intrigued and challenged by my friends' insistence that Twilight was better than chocolate, I bought the first book. And the second book. And the third book. I had to wait two months for the release of the fourth book-which was torture. Once you begin reading them, they're like literary heroin and when you finish book four, you go into withdrawls.
And then the movie came out.
I had a Twilight movie party at my house last week and invited a few friends--all of them are married...and moms, and all hopelessly in love with a fantasy. It was so much fun to spend hours behaving like giggly teenage girls--starry eyed and dazzled by Edward Cullen and the rest of the Twilight vampires, losing ourselves to phenomenon.
When I step back and reflect on it, however, I can't help but laugh at myself.
I am educated.
I am intelligent.
And I fell for Twilight.
Just like every other woman I know.
