From the moment that every LDS child is brought into this world, it seems that they have the song 'I am a Child of God' ingrained into their little minds.
Brock was no exception. By the time he was two years old, he was muddling his way through it, with a his growing vocabulary, during our bedtime routine and now, at three, has the song memorized. Its a song that teaches children that their Heavenly Father loves them and provided they live the gospel principles, they can return to live with Him "someday."
This clip is amazing. Indulge yourself for five minutes:
Last week my friend, Nikki, sent me some alternative lyrics to the 'I am a Child of God' song. They were written for parents who have lost a child and the words are beautiful.
I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
One bright Celestial day.
--Donna Kulliard
