Thursday, March 22, 2012

Momma's New Wheels

There is a new addition to the See family entourage.
We call it Big Red...

Last year, just one week shy of finding out that we were pregnant, I started the Couch to 5k running program at the gym. And then those two magic lines appeared on the home pregnancy test and I have not exercised since, due in large part to doctor's orders. Tragically, it shows. *jiggle, jiggle*
While shopping for baby gear, I intentionally omitted a stroller because I knew that a jogger would best serve my resolve to run and get my gelatinous, post-partum self into shape. I spent months researching joggers and comparison shopping before deciding on the Schwinn Turismo (and not just because it matches Camryn's car seat--that's just a bonus!). So, I ordered it online and waited impatiently for the big brown truck to arrive. 
As rotten luck would have it, we must have been the last house on the UPS route that day, because our new jogger arrived late one evening. Unfortunately, no sooner had Clarke assembled our new jogger, when Mother Nature unleashed her wicked sense of humor upon the valley.
Snow. Rain. Wind. And COLDness.
Brrrrrrr!

 

FINALLY, after weeks of waiting for some semblance of decent weather, 
we were able to take Big Red for a test drive.
It was Camryn's first walk!
She was less than thrilled...

In truth, she barely tolerated it!

Big Red, like any quality jogger, is enormous and cumbersome to pack around (it only fits in the trunk of my car if I take off the two back wheels-which seriously takes less than 5 seconds); but it's gorgeously, spectacularly red and easy to maneuver! Cami's car seat fits inside snugly, which, more than likely, contributes to her strong dislike of the new "ride." That girl HATES her car seat with the passion of a thousand burning suns!!

Weather and car seat aversions aside, the plan for this spring is to go gallivanting about the countryside with Big Red and my kiddos, soaking up sunshine and fresh air and farming endorphins. Perhaps, if I'm very disciplined, I'll even shed some poundage and get a tan in the process.