Television, books, napping and altogether circumstantial laziness are exhaustingly time consuming!
Which leaves little to no time (or let's face it desire) to play online or to update our blog. Especially considering that one must peruse and blog while laying down and precariously balancing the laptop on her knees and navigating with the mouse tucked snugly between her hand and the couch cushions. See what I mean?
But, inquiring minds want to know what's the news with the Sees. So, here's another rare, but brilliant, blog post from the (dis)comfort of our overstuffed living room couch...
Brock....
Conspiring to launder his collection of camo clothing takes stealth and cunning; a daring feat which usually occurs while our little soldier is saving the world from the safety of a good night's sleep. Brock wears camo every single day of the week, except to church on Sunday (a small concession he grants mom and dad) and it is a very gloomy day for our little towhead if his dresser drawers aren't stocked with clean camo pants, camo shorts, camo underpants, with camo shirts hanging in the closet. On those rare occasions when the camo gear is trapped in the washer, Brock compromises by wearing all black, not in mourning, but because if he can't be a soldier, then the next best thing is a ninja. Duh.
Brock and daddy are one of the same these days. Where you find one, you generally find the other. This past week, they camped in the backyard. In eager anticipation of the event, Brock slept in his sleeping bag every night last week until he and daddy had a "real" campout in the tent in the backyard. Today, they went on a bike ride and then to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Brock had trouble controlling his bike as they rode downhill and Brock, unfortunately, collided with a tree. Thankfully, he was wearing his helmet, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't thoroughly beat up, complete with bloody nose and bruised, bleeding and goose-egged forehead. Our little soldier is tough, though, and hardly let the injury slow him down!
You can't see the bruises very well in this picture, but I have to say that they're rather impressive to see in person...
Clarke....
My workhorse. The poor guy is doing everything around here, grudgingly at times because he's tired or because appreciates how badly it sucks to have to do the dishes everyday--a sentiment I freely share with him. Nevertheless, he keeps propelling himself from one task to the next and refuses my offer of help (not that I could anyway). If he catches me walking around the house, he is strict to point to the couch and say "GO LAY DOWN!" This weekend, he has been installing our new baseboards. A task that, in theory, sounds simple enough, but has turned into quite the project, including reconstructing some the walls and has Clarke muttering something about why we even started this project in the first place. The baseboards, however, look awesome. Of course.
Today, Clarke had a "first" when he gave Brock a haircut, a chore that is exclusively mom's domain. Brock took one look at his very short buzz cut and declared, very sadly, that he didn't like it. Until I told him that it makes him look like a real soldier, then he was all smiles.
Clarke is also headed to St. Louis, or thereabouts, this fall to compete in the National Natural Gas Rodeo after his team took first place in the local IGC Gas Rodeo. He's also plenty busy with scouts. And cooking. And cleaning. And gardening. And parenting. And even scrubbing toilets. What a guy!
Me....
I'm pleased to announce that we are still pregnant, which, given our history, is a remarkable accomplishment. We've only made it this far into pregnancy two times before now, with Brock and Amelia, so our expectations are starting to rise-just a little. A couple weeks ago I purchased a fetal doppler so that in my long hours of pondering, okay, freaking out over whether or not the baby was still living, I could find some reassurance. All I can say is that it is the BEST PURCHASE of this entire pregnancy. Right up there with cherry tomatoes, and those who know my insatiable craving for tomatoes right now can fully appreciate the comparison. Every day, I prod around my belly until I find that rapid thump, thump, thump of Bubsicle's racing heartbeat and then I can relax a little. Sweetest sound ever! At our ultrasound last week, the Bubs was wiggling all over the place and his (or her as Clarke says) heartbeat was (and is) so amazingly strong!
Countdown to surgery: 4 days. I could put on my courageous Wonder Woman face and tell you that surgery will be a real cinch, but I'd be lying because I'm nervous. The benfits of the cerclage far outweigh the risks. The reality is that without the cerclage, the odds of losing this baby in the 2nd trimester are HUGE, probably guaranteed. Surgery will not be painless and will require a few additional days of bed rest, and possibly some vicodin. But, if everything goes well, then this pregnancy has a fighting chance of survival, which is our greatest hope. My doctor has also given me the okay to ditch bed rest following the surgery and return to my previous status of limited activity. I almost hugged my doctor when she said that I could once again go grocery shopping. I mean, really, grocery shopping generally sucks until you're STUCK at home, IN BED, all day every day for weeks. Then the appeal of grocery shopping is akin to winning the lottery!
So, that's what's going on at casa See! Will update more later!






