Monday, September 20, 2010

Random Randomness

#1 Stargazing
For weeks, Brock had been pleading with us to stay up late enough to say hello to the stars. I suppose I'm something of a martinet when it comes to bedtime and a late summer sunset is all Brock ever sees as he nestles into his construction-print sheets for the night. After some discussion, we decided to indulge Brock in a privilege of this magnitude, contingent, of course, on exemplary behavior (which is why it took WEEKS for Brock to earn his stargazing privilege!)
Brock had it all planned out. We were going lay out blankets and pillows in the backyard and snuggle with the pups while we watched the stars.
We had an amazing time teaching Brock about the stars (given our meager and rather rusty experience with astonomy) and answering his questions. I'm not sure why we never go stargazing because it was bliss cuddling with my boys in the crisp, black evening, under an unending expanse of twinkling wonder.

#2 Jamin
Best Buddies FOR-E-VER!
It was a pirate afternoon for these goofy boys, clad in their bandanas and swinging about limp, plastic swords. "AAAArrrgh" they shouted at one another, battling with their mighty swords and romping about the backyard. The fun ended when one of the swords found a new home on our roof. Of course, the fun resumed when the boys moved inside and they became dinosaurs, shouting their vicious roars at one another before settling in front of the TV for a movie.



#3 Jake

"It's too hot in here," cousin Jake comments every single time he comes to my house. So, off goes his shirt and at only 3-years old, I don't mind. Then off goes my 4-year old's shirt as he too complains that it's too hot in the house. Whatever, nutty kids, it's only 50 degrees outside!!! They run about the house with more energy than should be legal, shouting and playing and laughing. Then it's quiet as the boys pow-wow in Brock's room, carefully charting their next activity. And then I hear the rumble of two Tonka trucks being raced across the kitchen floor. This is what I found when I checked on them.
Little hooligans!



#4 Meet Tegan

For 3 days each week, we get our baby fix with 2-month old Tegan, the daughter of some friends. I forgot how much work a newborn can be, but such a delight. She talks and smiles all the time and even giggles in her sleep. Ahhhhh... I want a baby.

Hopefully we can adopt a baby soon.

Isn't she a dolly???

#5 Imagination Abounds

Brock proves that capes and bike helmets never go out of style when you live in imagination land. He was a Jedi Virtuoso this day. I can't wait for the day when Brock can begin piano lessons. Yes, he'll be a football player (he already shouts "YEAH!" whenever he hears the words "Bosie State." What can I say, he has parents who teach him well!), but I'd also like him to play the piano. There's just something about a boy who can play...

Drives the girls crazy!