Thursday, January 22, 2009

Busted!


You always drive a bit slower and are far more conscious of how you're driving when a cop begins following your car. Today I drove normally, which is to say, perfectly, when a cop pulled out behind my car and began following me throughout town. Now you have to understand, I had just come from shopping with a toddler, who proceeded to throw one of those momentous three year old fits in the middle of the store when denied a treat, and as a result of the fit, promptly broke out in hives all over his face. Consequently, I was headed home to Bendadrylize my child when this cop with no where else to drive today began folllowing me. I wasn't nervous. We live quite close to the police station and he could have been heading back to the office. It was when we passed the police station and he flipped on his lights that I knew I was busted.....................for something quite ridiculous as I had been following all the traffic laws to a "T". Unlike the first time I was pulled over, I was not nervous this time. No shaking. No tears. No thinking my life would end at that very moment. I confidently asked the cop if there was a problem and he told me my registration had expired. I'm quite sure I rolled my eyes at him as I told him that HE had made a mistake and pulled out my registration..................................which had miraculously and quite suddenly expired! Oops. I promise it was current yesterday. "Its an honest mistake," I tried to argue, but the cop was having NONE of it and made absolutely no hesitation in writing a citation. Me!!! A citation????? What is this world coming to??? This cop obviously had no compassion for the frazzled pregnant lady hurrying home (at a legal speed!) to drug up her hive-infested toddler. To make matters infinitely more humiliating, people from my ward, including my aunt, drove by and saw me pulled over on the side of the road with those red and blue flashing lights right behind me as if to shout out to the drive-bys "Slow down and take a good look at the criminal in the Camry." So you see, there is NO point in trying to hide my little indiscresion. Its already out there. Now everyone knows how I got my first ticket. Way to go, me.

On a brighter note, Brock's hives, all three of them (hehehehe), are gone. Thank you, Benadryl!